Sunday, March 2, 2014

Girona

I have officially been living in Barcelona for a month, I cannot believe it.  I seemed to have skipped over the "point of panic" that was said to happen around two weeks in, and slipped into a rhythm of everyday life.  School is now in full swing and I am grateful to have a full calendar and todo list again.

This Saturday I went on a school organized day trip to Girona, a Spanish city in the Northeast of Catalonia.  



The city was so quiet and peaceful,  I really felt so relaxed there.  
 It would have been nice to curl up on a bench by the river and take a little siesta in the sun.  





Girona had really interesting side streets sprinkled with lovely trinket shops, and some beautiful examples of Gothic-style architecture, which I have grown to be quite fond of.  






My favorite moment in Girona was walking through this little garden behind the church.  It was the kind of place that made me want to get all sentimental and just sit with the flowers and journal the day away.  If I ever get the chance to return to this town, an afternoon in this garden will be first on my agenda. 






Fresh air, gorgeous views and meaningful conversations with the people in my program... I could not have asked for a better afternoon. 
 I am looking forward to our next day trip to Tarragona. 







No comments:

Post a Comment