Friday, March 14, 2014

Birthdays & Walks

I felt completely crazy this week due to a few reading tests and writing assignments.  That being said, I was so happy when Wednesday night rolled around because some of us had planned to celebrate Natalie & Marie's birthdays.  We all brought a few small things and had a "tapas style" dinner.  Towards the end of dinner I received an email that our test was cancled for the following day.  
Best. News. Ever.  Turns out this dinner was just the beginning of an exciting weekend.  






Charlotte & Marie even had a kitty at their flat...  which was obviously even better news than our test being canceled.  It's been way too long since I have held a precious cat.  




Thursday morning I woke up relatively early and went on a walk.  The day was so beautiful that I decided to walk all the way from my house to Ciutadella Park, about 4.5 km in total.  The park was definitely worth the walk.
  I will be sure to go back soon to have a picnic and read.  
There were so many grassy lawns that are perfect to lay on all afternoon.  





From Ciutadella Park I walked to Plaça Catalunya to grab lunch before my appointment at the Apple store.  I found a stir fry place called "Wok to Walk" off of La Rambla, super yummy. 




Behind the orange box of magic rice... you can see a sculpture of a woman hunched over.  I think it is kind of twisted for a artist to put a sculpture of a woman, desperately trying to cover herself up, stranded, in the center of a pond in a park.  It's as if she was just left here to be defected on by all of the pigeons.  I wish I could have offered her some of my rice.  


  

 After lunch, I met up with Antonia & we ventured off to the beach for the remainder of the afternoon.  The plan was to sit by the water and get ahead on our reading.  
But to be expected, the plan was not followed.  






Such a great Thursday.  

I am wrapping up this post around 4 AM tonight.  I am having a little trouble sleeping... maybe it is because I can't stop thinking about my parents being here TOMORROW! So very excited to see them.  






No comments:

Post a Comment