Monday, March 17, 2014

Montserrat

On Saturday, my parents and my Aunt Ellen and Uncle Jerry arrived in Barcelona!  I cannot believe they are all actually here.  Once we were all together we headed to La Rambla to have drinks and catch up.  



I really enjoy being the fifth wheel with these four.  




We walked around the center of the city during the afternoon and afterwards we made our way to Gracia to see my little home, have dinner, and plan our trip to Montserrat for the following day.  

On Sunday, we took the train from Barcelona to beautiful Montserrat, a mountaintop monastery.  Once we got there we took an air tram up to the mountain.  




^ speechless. 

 We had a little lunch in the village and took in the view for awhile.  
The weather could not have been better.  




The cathedral was extremely unique; the walls were lined with chandeliers and no two were the same.   This was without a doubt my favorite church in Spain so far.  







This corridor next to the church was completely lined with candles and smelled like lavender incense.
  I was blown away by the ambiance.
  




I adored the overall feeling of Montserrat, I am so happy that I got to experience such a peaceful place.  





No comments:

Post a Comment