Saturday, February 1, 2014

The First Walk Around Barcelona

 I feel so lucky to have my dad here with me for these first few days.  He is a fluent Spanish speaker and he has prior experience with this country.  He learned to speak Spanish here in Spain when his family moved to a small mountain town south of Madrid for a few years.  Since then he has spent some time here in Barcelona.  I am so thankful for his knowledge of the city and all that I have been able to learn from him! 
My dad seriously deserves 100 golden stars. 


One of the first places we visited was the Cathedral of Barcelona.  
This basilica is absolutely breathtaking.  









View from the roof of the Cathedral


One of my favorite characteristics of Barcelona is the intricate little surprises held within the side streets. 




We stopped for lunch in this beautiful square off of La Rambla, a main downtown area.  




Barcelona's harbor and beach had me smiling for the rest of this day.  Living just THREE miles from the coast... I know I will be spending a lot of time there.  








I have never felt so content with who I am or where I am in life. 
 I am truly happy.  




No comments:

Post a Comment