Monday, February 3, 2014

Parc Güell & Incredible Markets


Saturday was my Dad's last full day here with me in Barcelona before he had to return to the states.  We used this day to venture up to one of Antoni Gaudi's most unique works of art, Parc Güell.  




I was immediately taken aback by all of the colorful mosaics. 
  There were no two squares the same on the entrance wall.  




The ceiling of the Hypostyle Room is formed of small domes, each central dome featuring a unique mosaic.  The amount of creative energy that went into this room is unimaginable. 




This area of the park is called the Portic de la Bugadera,  it ends in a spiral ramp with helicoidal columns and leads into the gardens of the former farmhouse.  






The Nature Theater is partly dug into the mountain and is partly held up by the Hypostyle Room.  
I am going to remember the beauty of this view for the rest of my life.  





My dad and I spent the rest of the day walking through the beautiful markets on of La Rambla and making a few stops for tapas and vino along the way.  







These are definetly not the burritos I am used to but they will have to aid my Mexican food addiction for the mean time!




I am on my own now, but I am prepared to take full control of this experience. 




No comments:

Post a Comment