Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pre-departure Turbulence


My dad and I are set to leave for Barcelona tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM!  

Flights & hotel... booked. Goodbyes... said.  Last minute checklist... checked.  Bags... (for the most part) packed.  

Plot twist: My dad's passport expired last year. 

---- QUE MASS CHAOS ----

This is so my family. 

After the initial shock of the situation sunk in, we began to devise a new plan.  We canceled the flights for tomorrow in the attempt to buy more time.  There is a passport office in Dallas that will grant passport renewal on the spot for emergency situations if travel plans have already been set.  My dad has an appointment at 2:30 on Monday and the fate of our pre-semester excursion  will be in their hands.  The new flights have been booked for Tuesday afternoon, and I am really hoping Gus B III will be in the seat next to me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment